Scenic roads and charming villages.
The best way to explore a territory and its hidden and beautiful corners is by going on a route by car at a relaxed and and unhurried pace, stopping wherever and whenever you want to, enjoying the views and landscapes that can be seen from its viewpoints and of course.
Important places of the route: Beizama, Balcón de Guipuzkoa (Errezil), Errezil, Etumeta, hermitage of Santa Engracia, Aizarna, Aizarnazabal, Zumaia.
View route Touring Urola ibilbidea in a larger map.
Check the types of transport that you can use. If the route you have chosen does not have public transport and you decide to go by car, consider the following tips:
- Share the vehicle.
- Plan the trip in advance, you will avoid unnecessary detour.
- Avoid rough driving. Respect the speed limits and save fuel.
- If possible, keep a constant speed. Avoid sudden stops and accelerations.
- Do not force the car. Use high gears and drive at low engine speeds. If you have a diesel-run vehicle, try to drive between 1,500 and 2,000 revolutions; in case it is petrol-run, between 2,000 and 2,500.
- Turn off your car engine if you're going to stop for more than 2 minutes.
- Do not overload the car.
- When possible, keep the windows closed. Park in a shade and do not misuse air conditioning.
- Please check your car periodically: tyre pressure setting, oil level check and change of air and oil filters.